Sunday, December 28, 2008

Welcome

It's approaching 1am EST and what am I doing? Packing? Getting a good night's sleep ahead of the travel day? Nope, stretching and suiting up for the gym.

Seeing as Taiwan's 13 hours ahead and I was up the night before and will be tonight as well, I figured I'd step off the plane tomorrow and hit the ground running. Probably have the math all wrong.

I'll pack after the gym and rest when I die. And on the plane.


Update: Just past 4:30am. Leaving in a little over an hour to catch a 9am flight. Frantic last minute packing. Starting to get sleepy, naturally. I'll stop procrastinating... tomorrow.

Update: 7:15am. Still awake. A rather large woman in the airport lounge splashes her coffee onto my keyboard while maneuvering through the narrow space between my knees/laptop and the wall. A portentous start.

The girls seated next to me are doing vocabulary exercises in their chinese workbooks. Reminds me, I really should be flipping through the mandarin for dummies books I picked up. I now have less than 20 hours to get fully fluent.

Father-son bonding report: We browsed through the duty free and other shops. He recently picked up a timepiece fetish so we surveyed the watches. He knew all the different styles and fashions. I didn't really have to pretend to be care 'cause it really was kinda interesting. So far so good. Oh yeah, and Mont Blanc makes more than pens. Watches, bags and sunglasses too. Color me ignorant.

There's some kind of sparrow flying around the lounge. It won't stay in one place long enough for me to snap a photo.

Update: 8:01am. Got it.



The lady on the PA just paged passengers 'Abbott' and 'Costello.' Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like this is going to turn into zombie haiku (excellent read for the plane ride back).

    ReplyDelete