Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 14 (1/11) Wasting away

I spent the day at the realtor's office, twiddling my thumbs in the lounge while the adults conducted business.


From a public bus on the way over. I guess there's no open container law in Taiwan. Or any societal qualms about drinking before noon. And neither against that haircut... which is the bigger issue, if you ask me.


From today's Taipei Times... seriously?


The highlight of my day, unfortunately.

A soft drink machine that vends in servings! A paper cup drops down, is half-filled with ice, then your beverage of choice. These were commonplace when I was last here almost a decade ago. This is the only one I've seen so far. I had three Fantas and a Milo (Bosco's distant half-cousin).

The house sold, thankfully.


A celebratory beer.


And a big bowl of Taipei's finest beef noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment