Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 8 (1/5) Playing hooky

I'm much better today. Dad's gone out to settle that house business, I played hooky. It's raining AGAIN. And will be for a couple more days. And it's going to be cold. I packed for temps in the mid 60's and 70's... probably should pick up a warmer coat but they dress pretty funky here.

It's about half past 5pm now. I spent the entire afternoon checking messages, paying bills and tying up other loose ends, and posting up blogs. That really couldn't count as a wasted day, could it?

Its so rainy and dreary outside I don't feel like going anywhere.

Update: House didn't sell... damn.

Ghosts. After my afternoon of sweet, sweet internet access at my cousin's, I had to make the walk back downstairs to my grandparents' place. It was dark out by then but I didn't want to turn on, and have to leave on, the stairwell lights 'cause they seem to be pretty stingy with their electricity here.

So I didn't and made the walk down in pitch black darkness.

Now, I know nothing was there.

I'm a rational guy. I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm not afraid of ghosts. I don't necessarily believe in them, but I'm definitely not afraid of them.

But still, a chill ran down my spine.

This never happens back home in the States. It's always when I'm here that I get these spooky sensations.

Maybe it's because we live near the mountains, maybe it's the ghosts stories I'd been told here as a child. Or that I'm in a foreign land, out of my element. There's just something supernatural in the air here, especially at nighttime... for me at least.

Anyway. I made it back downstairs in one piece, safe and sound. Man I was glad to be back indoors. Until I felt that hand on my shoulder...

No comments:

Post a Comment